Liverpool Community Mental Health Programme
Public Health Liverpool and The Life Rooms have developed a pilot for a community based mental health prevention offer to support individuals and communities post COVID-19 pandemic.
The pilot will offer help and support for all ages and will be family orientated and has been funded and shaped in partnership with Liverpool City Council Public Health Department using fixed term funds allocated to Liverpool to help manage the impacts of the COVID-19 Pandemic. The programme will be evaluated and the findings will help inform future strategic and commissioning intentions.
The Life Rooms will participate in the pilot by providing:
- A peripatetic social prescribing service delivered by Pathway Advisors through drop-in appointments, phone and virtual access from community libraries and children’s centres across the city.
- A learning provision delivered by Learning Facilitators aimed specifically at children’s centre staff to increase their confidence to undertake supportive conversations about mental health and wellbeing.
- An employment support provision delivered by Employment Advisors that helps to support individuals into volunteering opportunities and/or paid employment to support people to remain in their jobs.
- Research and evaluation of the pilot undertaken by a Research Lead and three Research Assistants.
- A £700k fund to develop a series of micro-commissioned projects with VCSE organisations that are designed to support the outcomes of the Life Rooms Public Health Programme.
Support in your community
From Monday 14 February 2022 The Life Rooms are working with Public Health Liverpool and your local libraries, one stop shops and children’s centres to provide you with practical support and learning opportunities that support your health and wellbeing and help you access services in your local community. If you need support with issues such as:
- Family and caring responsibilities
- Mental health and physical wellbeing
- Financial difficulties
- Employment and volunteering
- Social activities and support networks
- Housing issues
- Anything else, not listed, that is affecting your day to day life
Our Pathways Advisors can help you.
We will be providing our services in the following locations 9.30am to 3.30pm
- Garston Library: Monday and Tuesday
- Kensington Library: Wednesday and Thursday
- Kirkdale One Stop Shop: Monday and Tuesday
- Liverpool Central Library: Monday and Wednesday
- Norris Green Library: Wednesday and Friday
- Parklands Library: Friday
- Toxteth Library: Monday’s and Friday
|Main community bases|
|Life Rooms Walton||10am to 3.30pm||10am to 3.30pm||10am to 3.30pm||10am to 3.30pm||10am to 3.30pm|
|Life Rooms Bootle||9.30am to 3pm||9.30am to 3pm||9.30am to 3pm||9.30am to 3pm||9.30am to 3pm|
|Life Rooms Southport||9.30am to 3pm||9.30am to 3pm||9.30am to 3pm||9.30am to 3pm||9.30am to 3pm|
|Life Rooms Lee Valley||n/a||n/a||n/a||9.30am to 3pm||9.30am to 3pm|
|Libraries and One Stop Shops|
|Norris Green Library||n/a||n/a||9.30am to 3.30pm||n/a||9.30am to 3.30pm|
|Kirkdale One Stop Shop||9.30am to 3.30pm||9.30am to 3.30pm||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Central Library||n/a||n/a||n/a||12.30pm to 3.30pm||9.30am to 3.30pm|
|Kensington Library||n/a||n/a||9.30am to 3.30pm||9.30am to 3.30pm||n/a|
|Toxteth Library||9.30am to 3.30pm||n/a||n/a||n/a||9.30am to 3.30pm|
|Garston Library||9.30am to 3.30pm||9.30am to 3.30pm||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Parklands Library||n/a||n/a||9:30 am to 3:30pm||n/a||9.30am to 3.30pm|
|Belle Vale Children's Centre||n/a||n/a||9:30am to 3:30pm||n/a||n/a|
|Childwall and Woolton Children's Centre||n/a||n/a||n/a||9.30am to 3.30pm||n/a|
|County Children's Centre||n/a||9.30am to 3pm||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Garston Children's Centre||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||9.30am to 3pm|
|Kensington Children's Centre||n/a||n/a||9.30am to 3.30pm||n/a||n/a|
|Picton Children's Centre||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||11am to 3.30pm|
|Tuebrook Children's Centre||n/a||n/a||n/a||9.30am to 3.30pm||n/a|
|Wavertree Children's Centre||9.30am to 3.30pm||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Yewtree Children's Centre||9.30am to 3.30pm||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Clubmoor Children's Centre||n/a||9:30am to 3:30pm (alternate)||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Dingle Children's Centre||n/a||9:30am to 3:30pm (alternate)||n/a||n/a||n/a|
How to access: if you need more information about our service and would like to access support for any of the issues listed, you can drop in at any of the above locations and speak to reception staff for more details.
How to refer: If you would like to access our service outside of the above drop-in days and times, you can do this online by visiting our Pathways Advice Service page to request a referral.
If you would like more information about the service, please contact us on 0151 478 6556
- Libraries/One Stop Shops (add link to pdf/leaflet)
- Children's Centres (add link to pdf/leaflet)
How the Public Health project is going
Public Health Liverpool and The Life Rooms have developed a pilot for a community based mental health prevention offer to support individuals and communities post COVID-19 pandemic. As a part of this pilot our social prescribing service is being delivered by Pathway Advisors who are based out of Libraries, One Stop Shops and Children’s Centres across Liverpool. Be sure to check out our timetables (above) and come along to one of our drop-in appointments for a chat and to see what support is available.