Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust has built on the success of the Life Rooms in Walton by opening another venue in Southport as a centre for learning, recovery, health and wellbeing.
Just over a year since completing the stunning restoration of the former Walton Library into a community hub and home for the Recovery College, Mersey Care has now transformed the former Living Well centre in Southport.
The refurbished building is a base for a range of life opportunities for service users, carers and the wider community challenging stigma and promoting positive mental health and wellbeing.
Since opening its doors to the public last May, over 13,000 people have visited the Life Rooms in Walton and we are looking to strengthen our links with the community by building local partnerships with voluntary and third sector groups.
Among the new services provided for the community, service users and carers at the Life Rooms are:
- An employment and enterprise hub to help Mersey Care service users get back to work, through volunteering opportunities and further education
- Literacy, numeracy and IT skills provided for service users in a safe environment
- Service users and carers will be able to get information about physical and mental wellbeing, advice on money, housing and community services
- A library for learning and health and wellbeing
- A children’s library area
- Mersey Care Recovery College classrooms for people who want to come our wide range of courses and workshops (http://www.merseycare.nhs.uk/are-you-a-carer/what-is-recovery/mersey-care-recovery-college/)
- Meeting spaces for community groups
- A free IT suite for everyone to use
- Interview areas for private one-to-one conversations enabling confidential support
- A café
- An open area usable for art exhibitions and cultural activities for local groups.
You can find us at:
- Life Rooms Walton, Evered Avenue, L9 2AF
- Life Rooms Southport, 23-25 Scarisbrick Avenue, Southport, PR8 1NW
Where we are http://www.liferooms.org/contact-us/
You can contact us on 0151 478 6556